Always sexy
[this blog left intentionally ugly]

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Exhaling

- Half the office is out on a boat today so it's reeeeeaaalllllyyyy quiet around here.

- I have been craving nothing but junk food lately. This baby is going to come out with a candy-colored chocolate shell.

- Took my prenatal before bed last night instead of first thing in the morning and the nausea seems to be way more tolorable. I wish I could say for sure that I have found the solution to that problem but my nausea has been operating on an every-other-day schedule and today is an off day.

- Speaking of nausea, it was so bad last Friday that I was unable to go to the MOA as planned and re-live my childhood by seeing NKOTB. That's OK because my sister-in-law went and reported that they were an hour late and only did three songs. Laaaame.

- My first big pregnancy appointment with the midwife is tomorrow. No idea if there is an ultrasound involved. Hopefully there is! Husband is coming with just in case.

- I'm on a pregnancy message board and am horrified -- HORRIFIED that there are people who would defend expectant mothers who smoke. It is beyond comprehension to me.

- Every little thing seems to be setting me off lately. Like, how can I in good conscience bring a child into a world so full of utter stupidity? People in Atlanta wondering where all these Russian tanks are that the news keeps on about. Insipid, intelligence-insulting political ads. Kids being handed diplomas when they can't read at a 3rd grade level. George W. Bush.

- I'm tired all the time.

- I have to re-do the fence around the garden and I'm too tired to do it when I get home from work.

- Husband was awesome last night and did laundry, put away the dishes, and started cleaning the kitchen.

- If someone goes in for a belly touch once I start showing they're going to lose a hand, or a minimum of two fingers. I'm going to write "NO TOUCHY" on my belly band.

- I'm super sad that I missed the first half of the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics. I started getting all teary-eyed when they showed that little kid next to Yao Ming.

- Saw me some women's beach volleyball last night. Hell yeah, bikinis. Yee-haw!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let me just say midwives totally rock! We used one with Andrea and I could not ask for a better birth experience. And if the prenatal vitamin is making you illish, do Flintstones chewables. I'm not kidding. I had problems swallowing mine when I was pregnant and my midwife said that Flintstones have everything you need. Rock ON!