I can't believe it's Tuesday again. And I can't believe that another week has gone by in which I have done nothing particularly spectactular in the kitchen. We have, however, spent large amounts of money on food. I've started clipping coupons and using http://www.couponmom.com so that has helped a lot. We saved $14 at Cub last week and I saved $7 at Target yesterday. Not too shabby.
We put up the fence this weekend (YAY!) so naturally we had to feed our helpers. Saturday was your standard burgers on the grill. I made a pasta salad with salami, parmesan, peppers, and olives that was really pretty bland. I think the missing ingredient was garlic. Damnit. I knew I forgot something.
I made fajitas on Sunday with chicken, shrimp, and steak marinated in lime juice, oil, cumin, chili powder, and Sazon Goya (con culantro y achiote). I haven't done much cooking with Sazon Goya so I just hoped for the best and tossed it into the marinade. Despite the unnatural orange color it lent to the chicken and shrimp I think it really made the meal. Berries are all over the grocery stores right now so there were blueberries and strawberries on angelfood cake for dessert.
What else…. Last week I put a small beef roast in the crockpot with salt, pepper, and onion soup mix. We had roast beef for dinner and the next day I shredded the meat and added seasonings for tacos. Num.
It's been all about simple food lately. Hopefully by next week I'll have some more exciting things to blog about. Right now I'm trying to process some information I got from a psychic.

No comments:
Post a Comment