Always sexy
[this blog left intentionally ugly]

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Running off the rage

This is me, last night, after running in a thunderstorm.  Please excuse the Myspace angle.

I was super excited to go to roller derby boot camp last night.  It would be my first practice in a loooooong time.  I was ready for someone to kick my ass back into shape.

I drove to downtown St. Paul expecting to be able to park on the street close to the Roy Wilkins (the LEGENDARY Roy Wilkins) but evidently everyone in Minnesota was in downtown St. Paul last night.  There were baby boomers and old folks spilling all over the streets.  No parking whatsoever.  And I wasn't about to pay $15+ to park in a ramp.  I didn't have enough time to park far away and walk, either.

Back to Minneapolis I go.  On my way back I decide that I can salvage the evening by getting my outdoor skates from home and skating around Lake Nokomis.

Cue thunder and lightning.


I stormed into the house, got changed, and went for a run in the pouring rain.  Because I'm stubborn like that.

I was worried because this is my first time jogging outdoors in this whole C25K process.  Week 5 takes kind of a big jump.  Day 1 involves three five-minute runs.  Five minutes is a daunting number.  And to do it three times?  Damn.  Day 2 has eight-minute runs.  I'm nervous but I know I can do it.  I just have to figure out when that's going to happen because I'm going to try derby practice again on Thursday and I can't run tonight because I gave blood and I shouldn't run two days in a row anyway.  Hmm.  I guess I'll run Friday and Sunday.

No comments: