It's my last week here in Minneapolis. I am awash with impatience. I won't see Husband or Lily for a week and I will be living with a guy I barely know in an unfamiliar place.
Sounds scary, but it isn't. Except for the not-seeing-my-family part. Husband's cousin, with whom we're temporarily staying, is just about the nicest and most fun guy ever. His whole family is fantastic and I can't wait to see them again.
Being at our going away party this weekend and being forced to be social again has reignited a need to try putting myself out there again. I'm going to find some friends in Denver, damn it, and I'm going to try not to be so awkward. Nobody out there knows me so maybe for the first time ever I can drop at least a few of the masks I wear and let someone in just a little.
I'm also interested in seeing how some of our Minnesota relationships hold up. I should have been embarrassed by who didn't show up this weekend and I should be more concerned about what has and has not been said by some, but I'm so far past the point of giving a shit anymore that I've already dug that hole inside, filled it with shit, dug it out again, and filled it in again with compost and flowers. Now I can focus all my energy into packing, moving, living, and enjoying life.
It's a lot easier now that my hangover has passed.

1 comment:
Good luck to you, Dan, and Lily, in Denver. Sorry I couldn't make it to the party, I had other family obligations. Enjoy yourself out there. We'll definitely keep in touch.
Post a Comment