Always sexy
[this blog left intentionally ugly]

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Foodblogging: First Course

First Course
5607 Chicago Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55417


The food was brilliant. The flavors were incredible, the portions weren't stingy for a four-course meal, and it was surprisingly vegetarian. The decor is lovely. And as a foodie nerd I liked being able to peek into the small but functional kitchen.

The only thing that dropped it down to four out of five stars for me was our server. She seemed confused, ill-prepared, and slightly unprofessional. When she first arrived there was a good twenty seconds of awkward silence and staring. "So... are you going to do the fixed menu then?" she asked, as though we had a choice...or any clue as to what was going on. I guess if I'm going to be spending forty bucks on a meal I expect some level of knowledge and professionalism. She started off telling us what we were eating as each course came out, then kind of dropped off. I still don't remember the menu's description of the dessert and we have no idea what kind of wine came with two of the courses.

No comments: