I'm going to just say right of the bat that I like myself just fine.
I signed up for a global Secret Santa this year. It is a little weird to think that some stranger on the Internet is essentially stalking my posts, blog, and Amazon wish lists. So of course I start wondering about exactly how much of an asshole I come off as on the Internet.
I vent here on this blog. I am an opinionated motherfucker and I usually don't hesitate to call someone out on their bullshit. I'd like to think that any negativity I put out here is negated by IRL me. But honestly I don't think I'm all *that* negative. Frequently disappointed in my fellow humans, yes. Frustrated by the lack of social decency, sure. It's true that I want to change the world for the better but I have no idea how to do this so maybe my inaction could be taken as apathy (the true enemy!) or vitriol.
IRL me is quiet (fucking stutter), polite, and a bit of a doormat.
Internet me is a frustrated ball of fire.

No comments:
Post a Comment