Always sexy
[this blog left intentionally ugly]

Tuesday, August 06, 2013

It’s been a year



We’re slightly past the official year mark for being in Denver.  I’ve barely touched this blog since we arrived.  I keep thinking about it, and I’ve realized that I just simply don’t have much to bitch about anymore.

Hang with me here while I go off on another OMG Denver Rules Seriously You Guys post.

Back in MN I was stressed out.  I couldn’t even watch the news without having a vein-popping freakout.  Being trapped in a house we could barely afford in a place neither of us wanted to be was taking a serious toll.  Seriously you guys, I’m not cut out to live in Minnesota and I don’t think I ever was.

I like Minneapolis in June, I like the north woods and the Iron Range.  I like camping in the BWCA.

I don’t like the weird Minnesotan clannishness and passive-aggression.  I don’t like not being able to breathe outside in the summer because of the humidity, and I don’t like not being able to breathe outside in the winter because of the cold.  I don’t like being paralyzed by weather for 10-11 months out of the year, and I don’t like coming back inside looking like a smallpox victim because of the mosquitoes and biting flies.  I can’t even begin to handle the humidity anymore after experiencing legit heat exhaustion one afternoon.

A recent week long visit cemented my attitude, and validated some things that I had been feeling about some people.  I like living in a place where we are treated as welcome members of the community/family/office/bar/whatever.  I don’t like being taken for granted.  I’m really excited about not going back to MN for a while.  A long while.  Hopefully it will be a full year this time. 

So here this blog will sit being underused and I will keep renewing my domain name every year. 

No comments: