If I was single, chances are I probably would not even own a TV. Husband turned Dish Network back on last week after a summer off. I was extremely "meh" about it -- at first. Then I discovered that they play reruns of House on USA. All the time. Marathon style. I've been in a state of Hugh Laurie bliss for days. Hot damn, I can watch House seven days a week now. It's nice to get caught up on storylines that I missed since I only started watching the show last season. I'm planning on buying the DVDs too, which is totally weird for me since I historically have only bought DVDs of Japanese TV shows.
I canned tomatoes all by myself like a big girl last night. I usually get it on the hot canning action when my stepmom and her mom do it and have been reluctant to try it on my own. I don't have a big canning pot or those nifty jar lifter tongs. My biggest pot was barely big enough to process pint jars so I did four half pints and one full pint. I followed the instructions in my trusty Better Homes & Gardens cookbook so hopefully nobody will be getting botulism from my handiwork.
The kid across the ally offered to pick up dog poop and mow our lawn last night. We gave him $12. Is that fair? We had no idea what the going rate is these days and he seemed reluctant to even accept anything. I told him to come back if he thinks we owe him more. Nifty: the kid used a manual push mower.
I have eggplant from the garden but I do not want to eat eggplant. That sucks. Stupid pregnancy hormones.
I will be making my triumphant return to the kitchen this week. It has been far, far too long since I've cooked anything more strenuous than boxed pancake mix. We actually went grocery shopping for actual ingredients this weekend. Tonight will be either meatballs and egg noodles (Swedish for me, red sauce for Husband) or fettuccine alfredo with grilled shrimp.
Aldi rocks. So hard.
I have been eating (gasp!) meat lately. I have felt absolutely terrible about it. This isn't going to last much longer. It's only because I'm eating whatever I can keep down right now. Yesterday was particularly bad. Husband had some boys over to watch football and eat breakfast. We had thick cut bacon from Everett's, maple sausage, and andouille sausage to go along with our pancakes and eggs. Man, that bacon was good but I felt like crap on a stick the rest of the day. The night culminated in me not being able to move from the couch and wishing that the Tylenol would hurry up and kick in already. Good thing there was another House marathon on to help take my mind off of things.
I was a busy bee in the kitchen yesterday. I made chocolate crinkles. I have to say, that was a great decision on my part. Toot toot! There's my horn.
I want to open a cheese shop.
No comments:
Post a Comment