We had big plans this weekend. My brother-in-law got married on Sunday. The rehearsal and rehearsal dinner was Saturday. I had planned on going to the protest at the RNC yesterday, then we were going to the Take Back Labor Day show at Harriet Island. Husband's band was going to move from our basement to their new practice space too.
Aside from the wedding and some of the band moving, nothing else was accomplished. We stayed overnight at my parents' place on Sunday since it was two miles away from the reception hall. My dad was convinced that our truck was going to turn into a giant fireball with us in it if we drove it -- which was certainly a distinct possibility -- and proceeded to tear it apart and fix it all day yesterday. It was a combination of a lot of things gone wrong but now I'm ecstatic to report that our truck is in good working order and we're no longer running at about one mile per gallon.
Unfortunately that meant that we were stuck in the south suburbs all day. My stepmom took me to K-Mart and bought me an awesome new vacuum (she's got this vacuum thing. Don't ask). Dan went to the gift opening. I stayed in my parents' basement and fell asleep in front of the No Reservations marathon on the Travel Channel because I was nauseous and I'm pretty sure I was a not very attractive shade of green.
I'm disappointed that I didn't get to protest and channel my inner hippy peacemonger. I hear the cops were bitches though and I suppose tear gas and mace aren't good for a developing fetus.
We'll be going to see Ralph Nader speak on Thursday so I have that to look forward to.

No comments:
Post a Comment