Always sexy
[this blog left intentionally ugly]

Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Let's try this again

So I'm going to roller derby practice tonight.  Hopefully.  If I can find parking.  Again.

I never got to run days 2 and 3 of week 5 of the C25K last week.  I had a busy week and a weekend that slipped away and a big bout of laziness on top of it all.  On the other hand, I've been riding my bike to work.  I cheated Friday afternoon and this morning and only biked the mile to and from the train station rather than the full 4 miles one way between work and home.  Hey -- four miles is a long way to go when you've got two hours of derby boot camp ahead of you.

Excuses, excuses.

This Saturday we went to the Memory Lanes Block Party and caught a couple of bands.  Then we rolled.  Shomer Shabbos!  Lily was amused by all of the above.

Yesterday we picked up a bunch of plants from the fabulous Angela, who has a beautiful home and a lovely family, not to mention an awesome blog.  Most of them got into the ground and into containers.  The landscape and garden are really coming together now.  I'm going to have to pick up some tomato plants from somewhere this year because the cats knocked over my seedling tray twice this year and the two that survived aren't looking too happy in the ground right now.  My peas have blossomed despite the hot weather and are starting to climb the twine trellis I made for them.  I built a tee-pee trellis thing for cucumber and beans this year and both have sprouted.  My loofah (!) has sprouted too.  It looks like one of my squash plants survived the cat attack and has thrown up some new leaves.  I made a couple of seed tapes alternating carrots and radishes and those got in the ground this weekend too.  I've never grown either of those things so we'll see how that goes.  I've still got a few seeds to plant and hopefully it's not too late to do that.

I consider having a garden at all this year a huge accomplishment when we've got a toddler to chase after.

Speaking of the toddler, I had a moment last night where I was like, "Holy fuck, we have a child!"  I couldn't even believe it.  I crept into her room and watched her sleep for a while.  I put my hand on her back and felt her soft breathing.  And it still hardly felt real to me.  We have this beautiful little girl.  We made her.  She's thriving and learning so many things that we can't even comprehend every single day.  We've raised her for a whole year.  I mean, who let us have a child?  Holy fuck.  I love her so fucking much.

No comments: