Lily is almost 15 months old. I'm so glad we're at the age where we can dispense with the age counting in weeks, because I think that's annoying and tiresome. "How old is Jane?" "She's 74 weeks." NO SHE'S FUCKING NOT, SHE'S A YEAR AND A HALF YOU PRETENTIOUS TWAT. When Lily reaches 18 months we'll do away with the month counting as well.
Last weekend we went up north. We visited my grandpa in the vets' home. Lily got to run around with my cousin's kid, who is a couple of months older; and my brother's kid, who is four. They have a variety of toys at the home, and I am unsure of whether they're for visiting children or the residents.
We went to the beach a few weeks ago. Lily got to wear her swimsuit for the first time. Her hair looks red in the sun. Normally she looks blonde. We have no idea where this comes from. Now, in typical toddler fashion, we can't keep this kid out of the water. She sees water, she charges. When we were at my parents' place on the lake last weekend I actually let her charge straight into the cold water on a not-so-warm day so she would hopefully learn that this is not a good idea. I think she got the point. Now she still charges the water, but she's much more careful about barreling straight in.
On a more unpleasant front, she has started pooping in the tub. At first I was like, ha -- she farted! Then I was like, OH GOD GET THE BLEACH. This has happened twice.
She continues to talk away at daycare and do the ol' point-n-grunt at home. But this morning I gave her part of my bagel and I swear she said something that sounded like "thank you."
She has a little dance we call Stompy-Stompy. Be careful, because the cuteness may melt your eyeballs.
![]() |
![]() |





No comments:
Post a Comment