I'm learning how to play the ukulele. On one hand it's easy. On the other hand it's very, very hard.
I never quite got the hang of the guitar because I have weak girly hands and am almost completely unable to perform a barre, which is pretty much a requirement. I can sorta barre on my uke because the strings are a great deal easier to push down. I'm getting better. Now I need to drill chords over and over and over again.
I'm also learning how to play the tinwhistle. It is just as easy/hard as the uke.
I've wanted a tinwhistle for years now. Every time we'd go to the Irish Fair I'd look at them but never pull the trigger. Dan got me one at the last minute this year. It's a cheap one so it doesn't really do the higher register notes but it's enough to learn on.
I'm an idiot so I'm drinking Slim Fast for lunch. I'm desperate.
I've been eating poorly lately. I've also been eating meat and I'm not happy about it. So it's time to reboot the system with a liquid diet for lunch. My self-image is so not good right now.
I'm on week 8 of the Couch to 5K program. Yeehaw!
I may be fat but at least I can run 2 miles.
The State Fair is looming on the horizon and we've got our tickets ready. OMG YAY!

No comments:
Post a Comment