I just got back from lunch. I was craving tacos so I went to Taco John's. Again I am reminded why I loathe fast food.
I haven't been eating well (or at all sometimes) lately. There are a lot of reasons for this, but there's just no excuse for the past few days of self-sabotage. I haven't been to the gym in two weeks.
I looked up from my #3 (with sour cream and cheese on the side) and just couldn't eat any more. Everyone around me was fat. Everyone at the register was fat. Everyone walking through the Skyway with a Taco John's bag was fat. Every. Single. One.
I feel awful now, both physically and emotionally. And I have that phlegm. You know, the phlegm you get from Taco John's and Taco Bell. I'm kind of dizzy and sick to my stomach.
I wish so badly that I had more of the hash I made this weekend with sweet potatoes, fingerling potatoes, red onions, and kale. Everything was organic and local and at the peak of flavor. It was quick and simple. It had nutritional value. This weekend wasn't terrible all in all as far as food went. After eating nothing but candy at work on Monday I went home and made a simple soup with organic carrots and celery, ginger, egg noodles, and leftover chicken broth that I had from simmering organic chicken a few days prior. We ate this for dinner with toasted rye bread.
So today I demand a do-over.

No comments:
Post a Comment