Always sexy
[this blog left intentionally ugly]

Monday, November 01, 2010

Scooter scooter scooter (RIP Gretchen)

My adorable pink and white 49.5cc scooter (Gretchen) is dead.  Dead.  The spring from the starter somehow wrapped around the drive chain and oil was lost somewhere and there are metal shards and everything

But.  Um.  This weekend I got the shock of my life.  My dad had Gretchen in his shop and was attempting to fix it (this was before I knew about the absolute self-destruction involved).  I got this picture in a text message Saturday morning:


Ugh.  It's a little like seeing a family member go in for surgery.

I got another text that afternoon saying they were on their way to drop her back off at home.  So they drive up with a scooter on a trailer.  Only it's not Gretchen.  It's a badass yellow 150cc scooter.  I believe the first thing out of my mouth was, "Uhh…?"

The scooter, as it turns out, is my birthday/Christmas present for the next 40 years or so.  They found it on Craigslist for a ridiculously crazy deal (seriously half of what it should have cost) and snapped it up.  My dad is still going to fix Gretchen but we're going to sell her when she's functional again.

The new scooter looks sort of like this (these things are all over Craigslist right now).  Mine's got a few more chrome appointments.  Bad. Ass.


I'm SO EXCITED to be able to scoot faster than 25 mph.  I can take her on highways and everything!  No more moving into the bike lane!  This reminds me: I have to get my helmet fixed.  Also, now I have to learn how a 4-stroke works.  No more dealing with smoky 2-cycle oil?  Awesome!

I'll be taking pictures this afternoon.  I'm taking suggestions on what to name her.

Also also: I need need need a FLCL sticker now.

No comments: