So a bunch of us nerds from the Internet have been getting together for a weekly D&D night. I've never had the pleasure of playing with an actual group of people and the last time I looked at D&D was in junior high? Maybe? Back when there was D&D and then there was fuckin' hardcore AD&D RRRAAAAUUUGGHHH. Almost all of us are completely green when it comes to D&D but luckily we have an experienced DM (or do we call them GMs these days?) and a couple of veterans of previous versions. We're still in the hand-holding stage but fuck if we didn't massacre the shit out of some kobolds the last couple of weeks. I'm 30 years old and I play D&D and I have no shame.
Speaking of that, I've had a new life mantra. It goes, "I'm 30 years old and I'm going to _____ if I want to." It has many applications, such as, "I'm 30 years old and I can wear novelty socks to work every day if I want to", and, "I'm 30 years old and I'm going to cut my hair into a mohawk if I want to", and the recently-uttered, "we're 30 years old and we can buy our own Fun-Dip if we want to." This is all part of my larger life-altering plan to Stop Giving A Fuck. Why yes, that is oatmeal on my pants. And I don't give a fuck. And yes, I'm probably going to wear these pants again tomorrow. Because I don't give a fuck about that either. And also, I'm a goddamn midget who's going to tell you to move your slow ass over to the right in the Skyway because I don't give a fuck and I'm hungry and I'm on my way to get some lunch.
Since we switched to DirectTV so we could watch the hockey games that we were paying for, we've been enjoying the hell out of our new DVR and new fancy channels. I've been particularly happy about FitTV. Last night while Husband was at band practice I fired up some saved episodes of Namaste Yoga, Shimmy, and Bollywood Dance Workout. You know those people who claim that anyone can belly dance? That all women's bodies were made to do the movements? THEY'RE LYING. I'm glad I never went to an actual belly dance class in public because those people who tell you that you can do it just want to see you make an ass out of yourself. At least I only made an ass out of myself in front of my cats and dog. I did slightly better with the Bollywood show, but there was much flailing and tripping. At least I had a good time and I was winded in the end. I'm comfortable with the fact that I lack all the bodily control over my limbs and hips that is required for dancing.

No comments:
Post a Comment