Always sexy
[this blog left intentionally ugly]

Monday, October 27, 2008

Dear Abby to the rescue

From Dear Abby:
While it may seem that someone can't give undivided attention to a speaker while doing something with his/her hands, that person might have Attention Deficit Disorder or be a "kinesthetic" learner. While most people absorb information through seeing and hearing, some actually need to keep their hands occupied in order to listen."
Huh. You learn something new every day. My entire school career has been vindicated. I am a kinesthetic learner!

I used to get in trouble in school because I would have to be drawing during class. Every class. All the time. I tried to tell them that it was the only way I could concentrate on what they were saying. Nobody believed me. Every progress report and report card said, "draws/writes during class." I'd try to stop. My grades would plummet. Or I'd fall asleep. Or fidget so bad I felt like I was going to crawl right out of my skin.

Even to this day I can't stand meetings at work because it's the same thing. So now I have evidence that I'm not crazy or rude. HA.

No comments: