Her sense of humor is starting to come out now. For some reason she has always found my hair to be hilarious. Now she thinks that dogs playfighting is the funniest thing in the world. Some friends brought the dog that they were dogsitting over the other night and when she and Bindi started playing around Lily just busted up laughing. I'm excited to see what she thinks of the dog park.
Because of this, I can't help but see a tiny evil streak in her. That's my girl!
She's already a little counterculture child. Most babies get the two bottom two teeth in first. She's getting her bottom left molars. I'm pretty excited about this -- and so are my nipples.
We took a walk in the stroller without the car seat for the first time. She got to sit in the big seat like a big girl. The shoulder straps are a bit too big, but it's not like I'm taking her out to the racetrack with the thing. She was very happy to be able to stretch out and lay down fully.
Another first this week was Lily's first foray into the world of solid food. She has been very interested in people eating food around her for about a month now. She'll follow my fork to my mouth with her eyes and make little lip smacking noises. So finally we pulled out the highchair, set her up with a bib and her plastic bowl and plastic spoon and she got to experience some very watery rice cereal. She took to it like a champion. She opened her mouth like a little guppy the moment she saw the spoon. I'd say about half of the cereal stayed in. Victory!
I saw some pretty horrific things at the State Fair last week, but two really stick out in my mind:
1. Giant grandma (mother?) in a rented (mobility) scooter right next to 12-year-old (or thereabouts) in rented scooter. The child was perfectly healthy, perfectly non-obese, and perfectly able to walk on her own two feet. Not for long, methinks.
2. Kids who were entirely too old to be in a stroller in a stroller. At first I thought that maybe these kids had younger siblings who belonged in this double stroller and were just taking a joyride, but no, these were seven- or eight-year-olds being wheeled around.
Sorry Lily, but when you're old enough to be in preschool, your ass is walking.
There were quite a few of these contraptions at the fair. I'm conflicted about these. They're kinda cool, I guess, but what's with the seat belts? Does everything need to have cupholders?Remember the old metal wagons that you'd turn the handle around and fly down hills in?
I like the sun shade idea in theory, but I already use a gallon of sunscreen on Lily every time she goes outside as it is. And how would she ever be able to see the world around her if her entire field of vision consists of Mama and Dada's legs and a sun canopy? Does anybody's kid know what the sky looks like anymore?

No comments:
Post a Comment