Look at this: Covered. Artists do their own versions of comic book covers. I want to try this so bad I may just dig out my drawing stuff tonight. Here are a few of my favorites:
Jimmy Giegerich covers Lobo 2
One of my favorite covers of my favorite ever. I have to say though, I really prefer Bisley's original. But I like just about anything Bisley does. Giegerich has that sort of Superjail! gross-out style that is kind of played out these days.
Robert Goodin covers Walt Disney's Comics and Stories 211
I am in love with this. Ducks!
Roborock covers Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Anventures 6
Seriously, how cute is Michelangelo?
Simón Wilches covers Adventure 299
I'm a sucker for anything that vaguely resembles Mary Blair's style. And you just have to love that face.
Brian Butler covers the Maxx 2
I am genuinely torn between which cover I like better. This was such a great comic and show.
Jon Adams covers Avengers 221
This just makes me laugh. There are several iterations of this cover but this is definitely my favorite.
Corentin Pruvot covers Green Lantern 10
Love, love, love this. It's just perfect. I want this on my wall.
Justin McElroy covers Usagi Yojimbo: Daisho
I love how McElroy makes us think of Usagi Yojimbo in this way. It makes so much sense you wonder how you never looked at him like this before.

No comments:
Post a Comment