First off, my meal plan for this week. It's a work in progress. I was going to try and plan out two weeks at a time.
Next, we went to Brasa Rotisserie in Northeast last night. No, I have not resumed eating bird and mammal. They have a pretty decent selection of stuff for us non-omnivores. I think the best bang for your buck thing on the menu is actually the plate of 3 sides.
I got the cheese grits, which were delightful; the creamed spinach, which was chock full of jalapeno (I added some sour cream at home to be able to eat them); the fried sweet plantains, which are amazing; and I went with the masa corn and cheese cake, which was puzzling but good. I'm still not sure what the spicy stuff on top of it was.
Husband got the pulled pork. He said it was good, but he was confused by the fact that when you order the meat, all you get is meat. Just a pile of meat. It's an a la carte menu, yes, but it's still a bit strange. Also, it seems a bit excessive to charge $4.25 for a little cup of grits with some shredded cheese on top.
We were there with friends and the baby. I didn't feel bad about bringing the baby because it was a Monday night and if people don't want to eat in restaurants with kids they can just wait until the weekend, damnit. Brasa is actually surprisingly kid-friendly, as evidenced by the big stack of high chairs. It was a little interesting wedging the high chair in the tiny open space by our table. The place is tiny. Not Colossal Cafe tiny, but it's tight in there. The staff was almost supernaturally nice. All in all I would go back but maybe do everything family style.

No comments:
Post a Comment