I have actually been cooking.
Here's the meal plan I'm still working on.
- Spaghetti, salad
- Borscht, pierogies
- Fish Tacos, rice with cilantro and lime
- Szechwan Tofu Triangles in Triple Pepper Sauce
- Chili, cornbread
- Fried rice, eggrolls
- Pizza
The highlight has definitely been the borscht. But wow, does it ever make a ton. I had to give away a bunch of it and there's still some in the fridge that needs to get thrown. I made the chili last night and it also made a ton -- it filled my 3-qt pot right up to the top. It's a good base recipe but definitely needs more spice. I would add a chopped jalapeno next time. I like the bulgur but Husband complained about the lack of meat. Um, hi, remember me? Your wife? The one who doesn't eat bird or mammal?
He thought it needed more fat so I put some olive oil in his lunch container of chili leftovers. "There's your mouthfeel," I said.
"I'll give you mouthfeel," he replied. It only got sillier from there.
I'm not sure what's going on the pizza yet. It might be Choose Your Own Pizza Adventure Pizza.
No comments:
Post a Comment