It's been six days since I've had any alcohol. I wasn't exactly a hard drinker before -- maybe one or two beers or weak margaritas a week -- but I made a conscious decision to be clean for a month. Just to see how it goes. I've been in the self-challenge kind of mood lately.
I was in the mood for a margarita yesterday because we were talking about going to Pancho Villa to watch the Mexico-Argentina game. We didn't end up going so I wasn't tempted even though we had most of the ingredients at home. I think I'm going to make myself a virgin margarita tonight because what I'm really craving is that combination of salt and lime on a hot day.
I've been having a hard time getting to sleep lately so I'm hoping this sort of cleanse that I'm doing will help things. I'm not taking any Sominex either.
It's interesting to see how I'm holding up in social situations without the liquor lube.

4 comments:
Social situations are always interesting when not drinking! Good luck, I am sure you will feel great, it's a nice reset!
I can't Believe lilly is SO big!! Did you skate this year? Next?
Thanks, Mary!
My knee has been my enemy this year so skating has been difficult. I think I might join the Debu-Taunts this year. :)
congrats on no alcohol for six days!
I don't drink often at home..it's the social situations that really get me.
This weekend is going to be tough for me. I will join you.
If you are abstaining from alcohol over 4th of July weekend, know that there is another blogger out in cyberspace doing the same and I'll be thinking of you! :)
Thanks, Julie! We're in this together! I'm going to be around a huge number of my husband's extended family, so I'll be thinking of you too. :D
Post a Comment