I broke down and took a Sominex last night. I have had such a hard time getting to sleep naturally and on top of that I have a lower respiratory thing going on. So I took at Mucinex and a half dose of Sominex and slept like a baby until 4:30 AM when the cat woke me up by repeatedly sitting on one of Lily's toys that sounds like a doorbell when you push the button. The cat almost went out the window this morning.
We were in beautiful, exciting Omaha all weekend for the 4th and Husband's grandmother's 90th birthday party. We experienced something called a Cheese Frenchee, which was talked up to no end by Husband's parents. It must have been a nostalgia thing, because it really wasn't that great. It's a grilled cheese sandwich with a thick smear of mayo inside that has been battered, dipped in cracker meal, and deep fried. Somehow I don't think this nutrition profile is accurate because I'm pretty sure I hit my grease ceiling for the next month.
Speaking of Omaha food, I got myself a Cheese Runza and enjoyed every morsel of it. Why don't we have Runzas in Minnesota? Huh? HUH? Runzas are like meat-and-bread crack.
I'm not even from Omaha, but I'm sad that they're tearing down Rosenblatt stadium. I've never even been there. But it's always been there sitting right next to the zoo.
Omaha is SERIOUS about its fireworks. We were driving around on Sunday night and the air was so thick with smoke we could hardly see the road. There were fireworks going up on each side of the road as far as the eye could see. At one point our car was almost hit by a bottle rocket.
Lily got to wear her pretty party dress and make a friend out of a distant cousin.

No comments:
Post a Comment