Always sexy
[this blog left intentionally ugly]

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Foodblogging: Disappointing Lemon Tofu and Teriyaki Edamame

Lemon tofu and teriyaki edamame

Looks good, but this was actually kind of disappointing the way I made it. I did nothing to the tofu before frying it and it really could have benefited from some soy sauce or five spice powder or something. But I was really tired yesterday so we had this.

I pulled the rice, lemon chicken sauce, and edamame out of the freezer. I dipped the tofu in egg and cornstarch, fried it, and plopped it on the rice. I shuffled some things around in the fridge and found some teriyaki eel sauce and put that on the edamame.

Boring, boring, boring.

On a happier note, I made a giant batch of great tabbouli with parsley from the garden and have been eating that for lunch this week. It gets better the longer it sits in the fridge despite its somewhat delicate ingredients.

The garden should be perking right up after all the rain we've had lately. The two and a half corn stalks that remain are doing well (okay, that half stalk probably won't make it to harvest) and I continue to pull yellow squash, zucchini, green beans, and cherry tomatoes off every couple of days. There are a ton of green tomatoes right now and I'm looking forward to canning them next month. I'm going to try making and canning ketchup this year. We'd like to keep buying Annie's Naturals brand ketchup (no HFCS!), but at over $5 for a small bottle we just can't do it.

No comments: