Always sexy
[this blog left intentionally ugly]

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Foodie Tuesday: She Cooks!

I've done slightly more cooking lately than usual. By "slightly" I mean I go out to the garden every once in a while and throw stuff into a pan. I did come up with two things that were really good (if similar) though.

Squash Succotash

1 zucchini
1 yellow squash
1/2 onion
2 cloves garlic
1/2 pkg baby bella mushrooms
1/2 cup green beans
1/2 cup corn
2 Tbsp fresh basil
1 Tbsp fresh parsley
1/4 cup Alfredo sauce
Salt & pepper

Chop and sautee all veggies in a little olive oil. Add herbs and Alfredo sauce, season to taste. Serve over brown rice for more of a meal.


Sausage and Garden Veggie Lasagna

Lasagna noodles
Mild Italian sausage
Shredded carrots
Chopped zucchini
Chopped baby bella mushrooms
Chopped onion
Chopped garlic
Ricotta cheese
Egg
Shredded Mozzarella
Shredded Parmesan
Red pasta sauce

Boil noodles, brown meat, sautee veggies. Mix cheeses with egg. Layer all in the usual lasagna fashion. Top with more cheese. Bake, covered with foil, for 30 minutes at 350. Uncover and continue to bake until cheese is slightly browned.

No comments: