Always sexy
[this blog left intentionally ugly]

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Foodie Tuesday: What What Pizza Pizza

I'm a foodie. I'm the first to admit that I'm a total nerd when it comes to all things food. Bring on your locally grown vegetables, your artisinal cheeses, your fancy-pants prix fixe menus complete with amuse-bouche, dessert, and accompanying cordials.

But sometimes a girl just wants some greazy-ass pizza.

Pizza. Not flatbread. Not a speck of whole wheat or goat's milk or truffles or marinated anything.

Sometimes a girl just needs some Crazy Bread.

Yes, my friends, that is when a girl goes to Little Caesar's. You know, the place that doesn't deliver. The place that used to give you not one, but two pizzas. I'm not sure what happened to the two-pizza thing but Little Caesar's is back in the Twin Cities and hot damn -- it's better than I remember.

The crust has that fried-in-its-own-grease crisp to it. The sauce has more high-fructose corn syrup than a 2 liter bottle of Coke.

The Crazy Bread?

Let's just say that if Crazy Bread was a stripper her name would be Destiny, her boobs would be real, and she would volunteer at the food bank between law school classes.

So don't be afraid -- get on down to the strip mall and pick you up some pizza and Crazy Bread for under $9. Just try to not sneak in a piece of Crazy Bread on the way home. I bet you can't.

No comments: