We packed up the baby and the mother-in-law and arrived bright and early at 8:00 am. Henry Rollins was right -- we are now baby roadies. Thankfully our stroller isn't obnoxious and we can still fit everything we need on or in it. I'm looking forward to next year when we can use the umbrella stroller. There were plenty of people with those double-wide stoller abominations. If you are one of those people who a) brings these to a crowded place like the State Fair, or b) brings these inside any of the State Fair buildings, you need to be kicked in the head because clearly the common sense portion of your brain needs stimulation.
Interesting: I did not see a single mullet yesterday.
We started the day in fine style at the Famous Dave's building with Pig Lickers (chocolate covered bacon) and the new peach-glazed pig cheeks. I'll write more about these on Tuesday, but I will tell you that if you're going to eat one thing at the fair this year you should make it the pig cheeks.
This year I bought the most ridiculous thing since my last tattoo. Behold:
And by the way, that's not a pegasus, it's a PEGASUS \oo/, (The hand gesture is compulsory.)
I love the dangling word at the bottom. They could have done "this is my / state fair shirt" but the artist decided that it would be better to attempt to squeeze everything onto the top.
Lily was an absolute delight all day. We took advantage of FM107's Lactation Station three times. She happily snoozed in her stroller much of the time and happily chilled out in the Moby Wrap the rest of the time. She was confused by the cows and sheep, slept through the rabbits and poultry, was indifferent about the pigs, and was very interested in the goats. That's my girl!

No comments:
Post a Comment