Always sexy
[this blog left intentionally ugly]

Friday, August 07, 2009

Issues. I have issues.

Sooooo.... Someone had some low blood sugar issues yesterday.

Because of a freezing computer I didn't get a lunch break because I was the only IT person in the office. Not that it would have mattered if anyone else was there at the time. I worked on that issue from 11:00 am until 2:30 when I finally decided I needed to pump milk due to missing my noon pumping. Then my boss showed up and I handed the issue off to him before my head exploded.

Stupid laptop... it was freezing up and the hard drive was clicking suspiciously. Easy enough, thought I, it's just a dying hard drive. I imaged up a new laptop, moved the user's files over (including his GINORMOUS Lotus Notes mail file that took FOREVER), and voila... or not. Got the old laptop with the new hard drive back to his desk and it's freezing up too. Okay, must be a hardware issue. Put the new hard drive into a new laptop. Still freezing. WTF? Swapped out the mouse, the power supply (hey, you never know), and the dock. Still freezing. Started it up with absolutely nothing plugged into the dock. STILL FREEZING. WTF? How could this be a software issue on a brand new image? ARGH.

Meanwhile there are umpteen hundred people coming up to my desk and asking me to fix their problems that aren't really problems (JUST CLICK OK ALREADY) instead of calling the help desk like they KNOW THEY SHOULD. And I'm trying to pretend that one small orange is going to tide me over until I get home and have a proper meal. And I'm also trying to forget the fact that I haven't exercised in over a day and I'm fat.

I still don't know what my boss had to do to it last night. I'm afraid to ask. I think that user's office is possessed by Cthulu.

No comments: