Always sexy
[this blog left intentionally ugly]

Friday, December 04, 2009

Foodblogging: Beermato Sauce

I asked Husband to hand me a beer out of the fridge last night, cracked it open, and poured some of it into the pot of sauce I had simmering on the stove.  He dubbed it, "beermatoes."

I put this over mini chimichangas (minichangas?) last night.  I can see it on enchiladas, chicken, cheap steak, pasta, mussels, fish, polenta -- anything, really.  It's easy and quick.  This is key when you're starving after work and fresh from nursing a baby.
Beermato Sauce

1/2 cup jarred salsa
1 tomato, chopped
1 Tbsp tomato paste
4 Tbsp beer, preferably ale, more or less depending on how thin you want the sauce to be

Bring the first three ingredients to a boil, lower the temperature, add the beer, simmer five minutes.  You can blend it to make it smooth or not.

Makes roughly 2 servings

No comments: