Always sexy
[this blog left intentionally ugly]

Thursday, December 03, 2009

Mama Thursday: Week 35 - Moving right along

You know what's fucking scary?  The Leapfrog handheld game system commercial.  The kids barely take their eyes off the tiny screen for a second and when they do -- it's straight onto the computer!  They're running around the house with these things and mom and dad look so proud of their little screen zombies.  Sure they haven't been outside since they left the hospital but at least they're learning!

I don't know what's worse: those things or this horrible thing.  I mean really -- really?

Lily's a champion crawler now.  She's also the most punctual child I've ever met.  6:00 PM means time for a boob and time to turn in for the night.  5:00 AM is time to wake up.  Do not deviate from the plan.  Deviation from the schedule means a very cranky baby.

She is pulling herself up to standing on things like the crib and the coffee table much more often now.  Husband finally got to see her do it this week when she stood in the crib and grinned at us while we were going about our morning routine.

I'm so proud of my little foodie.  She will eat anything you put in front of her and will actually pout if you don't give her at least a taste of whatever you're eating.  I hope this trend continues throughout her childhood and the rest of her life.  If there's one thing I can't stand it's a picky eater (and evidently neither can Conner).  You're damn right I was forced to sit at the table in front of a cold plate for hours until I finished my food.  You're damn right Lily will have to do the same if it comes to that.  I'm not a short order cook and if you don't like what I've made then you're going to go hungry.

I'm a bit frustrated that I haven't had a chance to fully babyproof the house yet.  I've done bits here and there in the important parts of the house where she most frequently is but I don't have the cabinet locks installed yet.  And if I don't do it it won't get done.  *grump*

No comments: