Always sexy
[this blog left intentionally ugly]

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Foodblogging: Crave at the Mall of America

We stopped in to Crave at the MOA last night after experiencing the chaos of the mall (we have to be a part of the madness once a year just to get a feel for the season even if we don't actually buy anything).  We and our stroller were shuttled off to what appeared to be the family section out on the "patio" area outside of the main part of the restaurant.  I didn't mind looking over Camp Nickelodeon Park Knott's Snoopy whatever it's called.  Our server was very nice and recommended the Sunday special: all-you-can-eat prime rib, snow crab legs, and fettuccine alfredo.  After agonizing over the menu (not a ton of veggie options and the entrees are a little pricier than I would have preferred) this sounded like a winner because we could just share that and the hummus plate. 

I had a couple of bites of the prime rib because it used to be my favorite food in my days of eating bird and mammal.  It was tender, juicy, and flavorful just as you'd expect prime rib to be.  The fettuccine alfredo was really good as well.  The cheese they use was a lot more flavorful than most of the white slop you get at your average restaurant.  We were brought plate after plate of crab fresh out of the pot without having to wait for it.  The crab legs weren't gigantic, but they weren't exactly small either.  I think we managed a crab and a half each.  We definitely got more than our $25 worth and we didn't even have to drive up to Black Bear Casino on a Thursday night for their AYCE crab legs.

The hummus plate was pretty good but the hummus itself was a bit on the stiff side.  The olive tapanade is stellar and I can't complain about the whole roasted garlic.

So would I come back?  Sure, if we had the money and we happened to be at the MOA on a Sunday.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

We must have been there the same night as you. I was surprised at how busy it was!