Lily stood up on her own without hanging on to anything this week. She did it twice for a few seconds. She was trying to get some of the Doritos I was eating. She was confused because we were freaking out but I still wouldn't give her my Doritos.
She also developed the most horrifying diaper rash ever. She rarely gets diaper rashes because she's in cloth diapers but when she does they come on suddenly and with great furious anger. Yesterday she developed a rash complete with pimple-like sores. The first thing that came to my mind was "OMG CALL THE DOCTOR THE BABY HAS HERPES" but since neither Husband nor myself have herpes and we don't know anyone with herpes who would possibly be in the vacinity of Lily's hooha, I calmed down. She doesn't seem to be bothered by it. I'm the one doing the flinching and cringing when I put diaper rash cream on her. She just goes about the business of babbling and trying to pull her clock radio down. Still, I'm going to give the doctor a call tomorrow.
Speaking of babbling, we still haven't heard that first word since the first and only time she said it. I'm still counting it as her real official First Word though. It was much too deliberate to be a fluke.

No comments:
Post a Comment