Always sexy
[this blog left intentionally ugly]

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Mama Thursday: Week 43 - To Wean or Not To Wean (that is her question)

I'm not sure if Lily has begun weaning or not.  My body certainly thinks so.  Last week and part of this week she has refused nursing from both sides at some of her feedings.  I'm not sure if she's full from the solid food, her new teeth are bothering her, or my milk tastes bad.  I've been under a lot of stress lately and my milk production has gone down significantly.  I'm trying to get it back up with extra pumpings, Fenugreek capsules, and Mother's Milk tea.

As an aside, one of the recipes for homebrew tea here says to steep 1 teaspoon each of fennel, cumin, and dill in water and drink that three times a day.  That sounds absolutely horrible.  It sounds like a recipe for pickles.

I'm willing to nurse Lily for at least a year.  Maybe two if she really insists.  I'm leaving the decision to wean up to her as long as it's under two years.  I really enjoy the closeness of nursing (not to mention the breaks in my workday that I get when I pump).  I'm still addicted to the indescribable feeling of milk letdown.


In other non-breast-related news, Lily can wave.  She was waving to herself in the mirror at the doctor's office yesterday.  I almost died from the cuteness.


Also, blueberries are awesome.

By the way, if you have or are going to have a child, you should put Baby Goodbuys in your RSS reader or bookmarks.

No comments: