I'm still going strong with nursing Lily at home and pumping at work one year later. I'm fortunate to be able to pump four times a day at work. I'm actually dropping down to three times a day starting today and will be slowly weaning Lily for the next six months.
I wish I would have discovered this post a year ago. I never did go out and get a hands-free bustier so I've been doing this sort of one arm smashdown if I need to use a laptop or Blackberry while I'm pumping. I am a changed woman.
I would really like to cut back on my coffee consumption but my milk production crashes if I don't have any during the day. They say things like beer and oatmeal can stimulate lactation. These along with fenugreek capsules and mother's milk tea have nothing on coffee -- for me, at least.
I'm really going to miss nursing when it's over. It's a nice way to begin and end the day.

No comments:
Post a Comment