Sometimes it seems like Lily is leading a double life. There's the Lily at daycare, who parrots words left and right, and Lily at home, who babbles nonsense but clams up when we try to get her to say something.
The other day Lily called me by the daycare lady's name. She rarely says "Mama" when I'm around. She'll say "Dada" at Husband all the time. So nothing against the daycare lady, but I'm a bit nonplussed by this development.
I was also informed yesterday that she said, "booger." One of the older kids caught her with her finger up her nose and told her not to pick her boogers and that's when she repeated it.
So she says "booger" but not "Mama." I'm going to try and not be offended by that. Twelve months of nursing and this is the thanks I get.
She has really turned a corner straight into demanding toddlerhood. If she's like this now, we're really in for it when she's 2 and 3. She points at stuff she wants and if she doesn't get them immediately she'll start squealing. She always wants to go outside. I'm happy for my little nature lover, but I'm not sure what's going to happen when it's raining outside. Of course I'm going to oblige her by taking her out into a storm, but what if she thinks it's great?
Also: baby tantrums. By the time she comes home in the evening she's pretty much wiped out. We're almost always guaranteed a cranky baby on weeknights. Now in addition to squealing when she doesn't get what she wants, when she's tired she puts her face on the floor and has a little mini tantrum.
This is, of course, completely hilarious. It's hard to keep a straight face when the faceplant tantrums happen and I know that we have to because discipline is good yadda yadda.
In positive news she's getting better at using a cup and spoon. So she has that going for her.

No comments:
Post a Comment