Always sexy
[this blog left intentionally ugly]

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Foodblogging: It's time for a meal plan!

I made a menu plan using the stuff that's on sale at Cub this week (via Pocket Your Dollars).

It's a bit soup- and Latin-heavy but that's what I'm craving.

  • Garlic Soup, bread, salad (I was planning on baking my own bread this week)
  • Lentil and Veggie Tostadas, sweet potatoes, corn
  • Spiced Butternut Squash Apple Soup, apple and brie (prosciutto) sandwiches (Husband gets prosciutto on his)
  • Three-Pepper Burger Fajitas, refried beans, corn
  • Tilapia Veracruz, brown rice, corn
  • Pizza, salad
Get the full meal plan with shopping list here.

A word or two about my meal plans:
  • I'm pescatarian*
  • I'm feeding two adults and hoping for leftovers
  • The Nutrition tab is something I used to fill out when I did not have a child who sucks up all my time
  • This really looks a whole lot better in Excel rather than Google Docs.
  • I never include salt and pepper in the shopping list
  • The sources for the recipes are included wherever possible
  • If you can improve upon my geeky meal planning spreadsheet, please let me know!
Adjust accordingly.

*I make occasional exceptions for bacon and Jucy Lucys

2 comments:

FlutterbyDust said...

Very nifty! I'm thinking I may have to add this to my meal plan/grocery list blog! (No worries, I'll link back to yours!)

PikaPikaChick said...

Awesome, thank you!