I haven't cooked anything of note lately because of a wave of sickness that has come over our house. I finally made a couple of decent meals this week.
First: Herbed Pasta Primavera. I don't remember where I found this recipe but evidently it's all over the Internet. I used whole wheat linguine, fresh pea pods, and cashews. I'm eating the leftovers for lunch right now.
Next: Baked Sesame Teriyaki Tofu Over Veggies and Rice
Holy crap was this good. Husband declared the tofu to be the best ever, and it's really hard to get a tofu compliment out of him. Our new rice cooker/steamer makes the BEST rice. This was just awesome all around.
I had leftover parts from the pasta primavera so I thinly cut a carrot on the bias, cut half a pound of asparagus into 1" pieces, and sliced up a red bell pepper. The wok was already out so I stir fried these in a little oil and finished them off with salt, pepper, cayenne, fresh grated ginger, and chopped green onions.
I had a little incident where I dropped half of the veggies on the floor but I managed to rinse them off and re-wok-ify them after plenty of swearing and pushing the dog away. By the way, we're fostering a dog who has an unnatural taste for vegetables.
This went over a pile of sticky white rice and was topped off by the tofu. It was lovely and filling and light and wonderful. The only change I made to the tofu recipe was brushing both sides with sesame oil. Because sesame oil is the shit. Oh, and I just used plain ol' Kikkoman teriyaki sauce.
This would make an awesome bento lunch.

No comments:
Post a Comment