Lily is almost one.
We've kept her alive for almost one whole year! With very few bumps and bruises! If she was a peach she would be moved to the bargain bin and NOT the compost!
I have received validation from the daycare lady that she is, in fact, Very Very Smart. It's not only her parents and her grandma saying these things anymore.
She scribbled with chalk the other day. Chalk! We're excited about chalk scribbles!
She is also extremely good at sharing. She shares her toys with the other daycare kids. She shares her toys with me. She shares her Cheerios with me and the dog (she LOVES this). I'm excited to not have the selfish child at school in the future.
I sorta kinda have a plan for her birthday. Sort of. I am way less stressed about it than before because Lily's birthday is exactly one day after my niece's. Lily's birthday falls on a Monday so we can't do anything that day because she still goes to sleep at 6:00 PM and there's just no keeping her awake past that. She's very stubborn about her beauty rest. So Mama has been stressed about taking the thunder out of my niece's birthday but it turns out that it's no big deal anyway.
Then there's the problem of where the heck we are going to have this shindig. Our house holds maybe four other adults besides ourselves. We need to provide food and shelter for potentially 22 humans. That's only immediate family. The location needs to be neutral so there's no weirdness on either family side. I have an idea for this that is actually cheap and doesn't involve overpriced crappy food or animatronic creatures. It doesn't need to be an all-day affair, just a couple of hours, some grub, and a very cute baby in a very cute tutu.
My birthday is also this month, two weeks before Lily's. That's a whole other thing.

No comments:
Post a Comment