I spent almost three hours of my afternoon yesterday flat on my back in an MRI. I was previously unaware that getting an MRI done isn't exactly like having a snapshot taken with a camera. I've had a CAT scan before but I don't remember that taking nearly as long.
I had to get three actual MRIs (MRI pictures? Not sure what the nomenclature is) done and each one took around 45 minutes. I had to hold perfectly still and lay on my back. These are not things I am good at. By the end of the day my back was about to spasm into the next solar system.
They say that these magnetic fields and radio frequencies don't affect you biologically, but I swear I could feel it. It wasn't unpleasant and it was a hell of a lot more comfortable than the contrast they inject/make you drink when you need a CAT scan. That stuff makes you feel like you're peeing your pants. The MRI made me feel like I was shifting a few inches to the side out of my body.
I didn't get to take any reading material in there with me so I just dozed off and thought about random bits of nothing the whole time.
I hope I never have to do that again. I ran out of stuff to think about by the end.
I don't get to find out what the results are for another two weeks. So in the meantime I have to continue not moving around too much because my knee has gotten so bad that even walking across the office sets it off. Not being able to exercise is driving me crazy. So much for getting on my skates again.
Ugh. I just know I'll need surgery or something on my knee. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. And again, ugh.

No comments:
Post a Comment