Always sexy
[this blog left intentionally ugly]

Saturday, February 22, 2003

TMNT

When I got to work this morning it was a zoo. Thousands of people in groups with matching shirts. It was the American Heart Walk. There were people screaming "WHOOOOOOO!" as they were loping along. Geez. It's a charity walk, not a Backstreet Boys show.

The cause is, of course, sorely needed, but I found it ironic that most, if not all, the walkers were anything from slightly overweight to mildly obese. Practice what you preach, chumps. Without people like you around there wouldn't be any need for an American Heart Walk.

I wish I had Saturdays off so I could watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I caught part of it this morning but I didn't get to see if the new theme song has lyrics that are as inspired as the original:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Heroes on the half shell
Turtle power


Deeply moving.

So far I haven't heart if there is a Shredder or, gods forbid, a Krang. I also didn't see Splinter this morning but it was the episode where they first meet (the much younger and hipper) April O'Neil -- sans yellow jumpsuit. In fact, she was showing an awful lot of skin for a lab assistant. She wasn't a news reporter. Interesting. Maybe she'll have a hot and cold relationship with a new studly Casey Jones.

Remember the live action movies? (You do. Don't lie.) Yeah. Casey Jones was hot. We still need to pick up those DVDs.

I feel like I'm eight years old again.

I wonder if my brother still has his TMNT comics or if he sold them for drug money long ago. He used to get so disgusted with the cartoon. "April O'Neil is black," he'd say with his nose in the air. He was a bit of a comic snob. I used to sneak into his room when he was gone and paw through his comics. Good times.

Sidenote: Today is the Day of Strong Odors here at the MOA.

No comments: