Always sexy
[this blog left intentionally ugly]

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Catching up

I've been meaning to post here for days now.
  • I'm feeling much, much, much better. I came home from work last Tuesday morning, spent the rest of the week being extremely sick, then finally on Saturday I started feeling better. It was the weirdest thing -- one minute I had a temperature of 102, the next it was down to 96. I'm eating like a horse now and recovering well.
  • I did some power yoga last night to loosen myself up for practice tonight. I've got a lot of work to do to catch up for the championship bout on the 12th.
  • I fucking hate April Fool's Day.
  • I'm trying a one-week gluten-free diet to see if it helps my poor stomach. Last night I made Plantation Shrimp with salsa quinoa and steamed asparagus. The shrimp was absolutely delicious and totally worth the marinating time that I normally don't have the patience for.
  • Tonight I'm making homemade baked beans to go over the homemade gluten-free bread I made last night. Yum.
  • Xanthan gum. Holy shit that shit's expensive.
  • Nutritional yeast flakes are nowhere to be found in the Twin Cities metro area.
  • I HATE SNOW.

No comments: