It's funny how at first glance something can seem really exciting but when you take a second look it's actually pretty lame. I thought my day was exciting yesterday because I was actually out of the house for a while. I scootered home from work in some sprinkles. The sky was so black I thought for sure I was going to get poured on. I actually don't mind scootering in the rain, it's the wind that sucks when you're only going 27 MPH. I let the dogs out to pee, put the puppy back in her crate, then had to unhook the boat trailer from the Giant Truck so I could get to the credit union dry before they closed. By the time I got back the thunder was rumbling directly overhead and there were a few GIANT crashes of lightning that made putting the boat back on the Giant Truck challenging to say the least. My street and the surrounding blocks are full of huge old trees and I thought for sure either one of them or I was going to get struck by lightning.
When my husband got home we had to go back out into the maelstrom because we had nothing in the house that could be pulled together into a coherent dinner. So off to Aldi and Cub, which were both ghost towns because everyone else was
smarter too afraid to go out in the rain. Of course it was absolutely pouring when we got home so we had to sprint from the alley to the door with our groceries.
I made tofu banh mi for dinner (delicious!) and then I baked oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Ohhhh man, I really need to make those more often. Wait -- no, I'm on a diet. Ho hum.
No comments:
Post a Comment