Always sexy
[this blog left intentionally ugly]

Monday, June 30, 2008

Wow, weekend.

My entire Saturday was taken up by a commercial shoot in Nordeast. I was unexpectantly placed in a co-starring role. WEIRD. It's going to be super dorky and cheesy and awesome.

Yesterday we slept in until 10:30. I can't remember the last time I was able to sleep in that long. This was, of course, after getting up at 5:00 AM to let the dogs out and feed them breakfast. Husband was hungover so it took some convincing to get him up. I was starving and full of energy. We had breakfast at Hot Plate, then I had to go to Michael's to pick up stuff to make the Greatest Skate Bag of All Time©™§µω.

Neither of us was excited about going home so we went to Como. After fighting off the hoardes for a parking space (there may have been chainsaws and golf clubs involved) we took a stroll around the zoo. The Como Zoo is much smaller when you don't go through the buildings. And what happened to the bears? It's been a few years since I've been there. I used to go almost every weekend when I lived in St. Paul. Almost had a social anxiety meltdown in the Conservatory so we got the heck out of there and went down to the lake. We wanted to rent a paddleboat but srsly? $15/hour? No thanks, guys.

I got soaked in the big fountain and was fully expecting to hang out there until I dried off but Husband wanted to get moving. So we took my damp ass to the Humane Society to pet the fuzzies.

Husband was having a serious sushi craving so we checked the ol' bank account to see if my paycheck cleared and -- woo hoo! -- it did. Too bad Tanpopo was closed because I was having my own udon craving. It's OK because it looks like they don't have much for sushi anymore. We went back to our 'hood, went to Ba-Gu and feasted. Unfortunately the patio was full but whatever; the food was good and it was happy hour. I had some of the best tako nigiri I've ever had.

No comments: