Yesterday was an absolutely stunning day. It was my non-running day (I'm trying to do two on, one off) so I buckled down for a strength training challenge from a group on SparkPeople that has been kicking my ass, Project Mayhem. Yes, like Fight Club. I started with 20 minutes of moderate cardio, then did 20 minutes of circuit training working mostly the abs. Husband came home and I hemmed and hawed and ultimately decided to join him on his mile run. Whoops, I wore the wrong bra and only got half a block (OW). I walked home, put on a proper boob holster, then met up with him halfway on his route.
We ate some leftovers but we were still hungry so we decided to go to the store and get stuff for salad. At the last minute husband decided we shouldn't waste the beautiful day so we grabbed the dogs and went to Minnehaha. Dodged the Minneapolis Park Police (whoops -- we're not paying for off-leash licenses!) and took the back trail down to the dog park.
Shillelagh, the puppy, has been thus far very non-Chessie-like when it comes to water. She would only reluctantly go in and she wasn't too happy about it. Like a light switch being flipped, she decided that water is the COOLEST thing EVARRR. Dada and Mama threw sticks for her to retrieve all night. Bindi even got in for a swim, which is really, really, really weird. So after a couple of hours of hiking around we went back to the truck with two dogs who were not as exhausted as they should have been and two humans who were paying the price of stupidly forgetting to bring bug spray.
Side note: if you've never been to Minnehaha Falls or the dog park, GO THERE. It's absolutely the most beautiful park in the Twin Cities. Even if you don't have dogs, take a walk down to the dog park. It's worth it, trust me. Just remember to bring bug spray.
We stopped by the store and got our salad supplies, went home, and had pre-bedtime giant salad.
Yay.
Thursday, June 26, 2008
A perfect summer day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment