My aunt and uncle picked me and Husband up Friday after work and we drove to Duluth. Yay for carpooling! We grabbed a drink at the Sunset with my parents and turned in early. Got up way too early on Saturday and we all went over to my grandparents' house. The shed on the side of the garage needed some serious roof repair. When the new roof was done we cleaned the shed out for my grandma. It was the strangest collection of crap that my grandpa had accumulated over the years: multiple gas cans, broken water pumps from a Dodge my grandma doesn’t recall owning, broken doors and windows, more plastic nursery pots than I've ever seen in one place outside of Linder's, and other assorted random scrap. One very full trailer was taken to the dump.
Husband and I managed to score a couple of wooden lounge chairs that will be refinished and will find a new home on our front lawn and I also got a TON (seriously, I think they actually might weigh a ton) of terra cotta pots that once belonged to my great-grandpa. This includes many many many of the tiniest, cutest little pots I've ever seen. I have no idea what I'm going to plant in those.
Sunday was faaaabulous. My parents went off to the dump and Husband and I stayed behind to enjoy the weather and the water. We threw sticks for Shillelagh while Bindi took her usual spot on the parked pontoon boat to sunbathe. I floated on a tube at the end of the dock where Husband was sitting and we drank beers and chatted. My pasty belly made a rare appearance and now it's pink but not at all painful. The dragonflies battled for the privilege of landing on my knee, elbow, and hand. It was wonderful. We walked down to Porky's for some pizza and drank too much with my parents. We actually drank them out of both Bell's Two Hearted and Summit EPA.
We saw The Dark Knight last night… holy crap YES. Then we walked around Calhoun and felt inadequate so we went to Pepito's and got fish tacos. Got home in time for House.
Tonight there will be skating. And it will be marvellous.

No comments:
Post a Comment