Friends might be feeling like you're hiding out from the world right about now, so touch base and let them know that you're doing okay. Time is something you want to spend by yourself, and this is a healthy thing to do. Your energy level is strong, but it's not social. Mixing with other people and sharing small talk is not as fulfilling as curling up with a favorite book, taking a long walk, or experimenting in the kitchen. If you're a homebody right now, that's a good thing!
Yeeeaaahhhh. A long walk, hmm? Maybe if it's not storming out after work I'll go skate around Nokomis. Unfortunately we have puppy kindergarten tonight so I can't park myself in our comfy chair with my latest library acquisition. This book is ridiculously goofy and entertaining and full of horrendous sports cliches that I think are used tongue-in-cheek. I found it in the New Arrivals section and picked it up because, well, it has a goalie on the cover. Yep, I judged the book by it's cover. It's what I do. (HOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEY)
I'm using it as a distraction from the bonehead trades that have been going on in the Wild offseason because that shit's just too depressing to even think about.
Ahh crap, now I'm all worked up.
Doug Risebrough: “I’m interested in signing him long-term, but what I’m interested in doing and what he’s interested in doing might not be the same, and my number long-term and his number long-term might not be the same.”
Yeah Doug, we all know you're interested in NOT PAYING HIM (or anyone else). One of our last remaining real NHL players. They guy who's actually out there scoring points on a pretty consistent basis. But who cares as long as it's a full house every night, eh? You're making money hand over fist either way! The Wild is just a farm team for the rest of the NHL, right?
Doug Risebrough: "HAY GUISE I HAS CORY LOCKE" (paraphrased)
Really? Really? That's the best you can do? Well good for the Houston Aeros then. Now how's about getting the Wild a couple of real centers?

No comments:
Post a Comment