- I have three full weddings and one reception to go to in August. Yikes.
- I really hope I can go to Chicago on the 16th.
- I was unexpectedly roped into scrimmaging with the MNRG All-Star team the other night -- my first practice back this season. I am having difficulty raising my arms. I'm going to go back tonight for some more punishment.
- I have to mulch the garden tonight now that Husband mowed the lawn and I've got a full bag of grass clippings.
- We ate the fruits of my first harvest last night: green beans! There were about four our five pea pods too but I polished those off as I was picking them. There's just nothing better. The tomatoes and cherry tomatoes are going crazy right now and should be ripe within a week or two. The squash isn't doing so well. I'm getting blossoms but no fruit. I might go out there with a q-tip and cross pollinate tonight.
- I'm on my third try with herbs. I planted chives, basil, parsley, lavender, and garlic in some of the terracotta pots that came back from Duluth. We'll see what happens this time around. I made my own potting soil with seed starter, compost, and dirt from the yard.
- I need to weed the front and side. Badly.
- My hostas, including the ones that I split last fall and this spring, are going coo-coo-ka-crazy with blooms right now. I've got one lily that had one flower (orange) a few weeks ago and is now on the second flower (red). I had no idea that one lily plant could have more than one color. My other lilies look close to blooming but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't happen this year since they're new transplants.
- I need to find some plants that love full sun and heat for the right side of the house. Maybe I'll just plant more lilies.
- I miss Bindi. My dad hijacked her for one more day.
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Random stuff, gardening
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment