What is the one thing someone could do that would drive you to madness?
Strap me to a chair in front of a bookcase containing a set of encyclopedias. Slowly start rearranging the books until they are completely out of order.
Describe your most electrifying concert experience.
(Geek alert) My dad took me to see Andreas Vollenweider when I was... I dunno, 13 or 14. I had never seen him live before, and was completely blown away by the show. If you've ever heard his CDs, they're NOTHING like a live show. There were vocalists, guest instrumentalists, crazy lighting, the works. And there was little afro-ed Andreas banging away on this electric harp and making it make sounds I didn't know were possible. Absolutely amazing.
Should the government be allowed to grant itself powers to snoop on its citizens for a good reason, just because we're in a war? Should it have to rescind these powers as soon as the conflict is over?
No, no, no, no, no. I know that privacy is a fractured myth, but I like to at least pretend that the government doesn't know everything about who I am and what I do.
Do you feel like your sexual self is separate from the rest of you, or that it blends in with the rest? Would people be shocked or amazed to hear about the things you do or think? Do you feel like, in certain situations or with certain people, you are sexless and without gender?
I'm not really sure. I guess I tend to keep that sort of thing to myself until I'm actually engaged in sex (then it's time to get nutty), but I've been known to let some things slip. Being a Pisces makes it hard to forget that I am a sexual being. I'd say that I think about sex or something related to sex several times an hour. Except when I'm around my family. *shudder*
If you were a photographer, what would you take pictures of? Would you gravitate towards self-portraits, landscapes, concerts, movie stars, babies, animals...? If you are a photographer, what do you take pictures of?
I'd try to take pictures of things that could bring peace. Zen stuff. A leaf floating in a pond. A crow sitting on a fence with an endless field in the backdrop. Blue blue skies contrasting with white white snow.
Do you think it's ever justifiable to be rude or snotty to an employee stuck behind a counter, being paid nothing but minimum wage to take your shit with a smile? If you're in a hurry, is this their fault? Does it give you the right to glare at them, roll your eyes, and use an off tone of voice? Ever? If they are foreign and their English isn't so good, does this have any impact on whether or not you feel they have the right to be treated like a human being? How does it make you feel when the person you're with is the one treating an employee like a lesser person? How do you compensate for it? Do you tell them to stop it or do you try to set an example?
It's NEVER justafiable to be rude to a retail/foodservice/hospitality employee unless they are rude to you first. Ever. Anyone who doesn't feel this way has never worked retail/foodservice/hospitality a day in their lives. If I'm with someone who's being an ass to the employee I try to take control of the conversation and steer it in a better direction.
Do you ever purposely rebel against the societal gender stereotypes? Is it an important issue in your life? i.e. If you are a girl, are you disgusted with the idea of acting "girly"? Do you have a hard time balancing out what's expected of you, what you want/are, and what you feel compelled to do just to destroy the idea that something should or should not be a certain way?
I don't go out of my way to do this, it just seems to be the way I am. However, I'm equally comfortable in a dress and fishnets or a beer-soaked hockey jersey and faded jeans. I try to ignore what's expected of me by others and focus more on what I expect of myself. I'm much harder on myself than anyone could be. I am what I am. That's all I can ever be.
How would you feel if your parents were reading your website? How would you react?
Just kill me now. No, just kidding. For all I know they are reading this. My brother and sister-in-law too. I'd prefer that they weren't, but I wouldn't care too much if they were. I just hope that they'd either completely ignore any reference to sex or stop reading altogether after happening upon a post of that nature. It wouldn't be so bad if they read the other stuff because I can't talk to them. I've never been able to. It would be weird to start now.
describe your dream house/apartment/condo (whatever).
A mid-sized house in St. Paul with a yard and porch. And hardwood floors and trim. A built-in buffet. New semi-professional kitchen, huge master bathroom. Hot tub in back. No insects. An established flower garden and koi pond.
be honest. do you ever neglect to wash your hands after using the restroom?
All the time. And if anyone confronted me on it in a public bathroom I'd laugh at them. What are they doing that necessitates sterilization? Are they peeing on their hands? Masterbating in the stall? Wringing out their feminine sanitary items?

No comments:
Post a Comment