Always sexy
[this blog left intentionally ugly]

Friday, May 16, 2008

A day late

OK, I suck. I didn't get a chance to blog about human rights yesterday because it was so beautiful outside. So here you go.

I was dancing the happy dance all day yesterday when I heard about California's lift on the gay marriage ban. Yay for common sense! Yay for love! Yay for human rights!

What surprised me the most about this was the way it was written by the CA supreme court judges. The language was clear, fair, and delightfully sensible.

"In contrast to earlier times, our state now recognizes that an individual's capacity to establish a loving and long-term committed relationship with another person and responsibly to care for and raise children does not depend upon the individual's sexual orientation,"

I'm outraged that closed-minded conservative fuck fundies are asking for a stay in the decision. How DARE they.

How dare they presume that their religious fanatacism should extend outside their own homes.

How dare they attempt to de-humanize GLBT people.

The ball has really begun to roll now. May common sense, compassion, and dignity rule the day.

No comments: