Always sexy
[this blog left intentionally ugly]

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Garden 2008 is go

I'm watching what's supposed to be Super Ultra Danger Storm 4000 and being very not impressed. This is a good thing. There was one crack of lightning that sounded like it struck a tree maybe two or three blocks away (it nearly scared the poo out of me). For a while there the sun was shining brightly and the rain was pouring down at the same time.

I spent about five hours outside, the majority of the time being devoted to planting the garden. We got a tiny bit of 1/4" - 1/2" diameter hail -- not enough to pound my poor seedlings into oblivion, thank goodness.

Man, what's up with hail, anyway? It defies logic and physics.

I've got one hell of a sunburn on my back. I'm usually so good about sunscreen, especially since I've got tattoos, but today I just spaced it. Oh well, I'll get this burn out of the way and now I'll be golden for the rest of the summer. I love the way my skin tans. Thanks, Ojibwe blood!

We're hosting my bro-in-law's family birthday party here tomorrow. I've got to clean the house again but I'm procrastinating.

No comments: