Always sexy
[this blog left intentionally ugly]

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Pure comedy gold


This just made my morning. (Do click on that link... it's full of win and awesome.)

I used to say that the only bad thing about Utah was that it was full of Utah-ans (Utah-oids? Utahians? Utahlings?). After reading the comments on this letter to the editor, however, I'm feeling much better about the place.

I actually plan to visit Utah this year or next to go hiking and camping around Moab. I've been arrowhead hunting in the desert around Laredo, TX, but I have yet to experience a landscape like in Arches National Park. It's weird that I feel such a pull in that direction, like I'll explode if I don't go. Maybe it's just because I've spent my entire life in Minnesota, Iowa, and Wisconsin and the desert is such a polar opposite to everything I've ever known. Maybe it's because the desert symbolizes clarity to me, which is something I could use a whole lot more of in my life. I don't know what I'm searching for and I don't know if I'll find it there, but I hope to come away with an amazing experience either way.

In a barely related tangent, SLC Punk! is one of my favorite movies of all time.

No comments: